Instagram has a unique ability to take the best of other social networks and adapt it to its service, increasing and retaining its audience. Thus, relatively recently, a new function IGTV appeared on Instagram, acting as a kind of television within the social network. With its help, it is possible to record videos up to 60 minutes long.
Most likely, this way the developers wanted to compete with YouTube. In this guide we describe what IGTV is, its benefits and features. Many users think that it’s easy enough to buy instagram followers and become popular. But in fact Instagram is much more complicated.
What is IGTV on Instagram?
IGTV is Instagram TV, which is a section and application of the same name, which is fully synchronized with the instagram profile. It is designed to record and publish long vertical videos. IGTV can be called a kind of video hosting from Instagram, working on the principle of YouTube.
Instagram TV has such a name for a reason – it really resembles TV. But there is a difference – as soon as you open the application, videos that have been selected specifically for you start playing. This advantageously distinguishes Instagram TV from YouTube, where before watching it you need to decide what to watch, and this can be problematic.
IGTV consists of four main sections:
- Recommendations, selected by an algorithm based on your interests.
- Content from users on your list of subscriptions.
- The videos that have gained the most popularity.
- Videos you haven’t finished watching.
You do not need to go to the IGTV application itself. You can watch videos directly through Instagram by clicking on the corresponding icon. In the web version there is even an opportunity to open the video in full-screen mode. The content is created by the users themselves, who are referred to here as channels. IGTV is fully synchronized with your social network profile. You will be subscribed to the channels of all users, the same as on Instagram. If you unsubscribe from someone in IGTV, this action takes place in your Instagram profile as well. It is noteworthy that IGTV currently has no ads. In the future, the developers are going to introduce a system of rewards for users for the published content, and, perhaps, this innovation will be based on advertising.
Video format for IGTV
IGTV is a completely separate section of Instagram, which has its own requirements for content. The video parameters in IGTV are as follows:
- Minimum duration. A video must be at least one minute long.
- Duration. The maximum length of a video in IGTV differs depending on the device from which it is uploaded. If a mobile app is used, the maximum video length is 15 minutes. In the case if the download is made from a PC it is 1 hour.
- Size. The maximum size of video for IGTV is 5.4 GB.
- Format. The only format supported by IGTV is MP4.
- Quality. Video resolution must be at least 720p. Frame rate – at least 30 frames per second. These are comfortable indicators for organic instagram followers.
Instagram’s administration also asks to comply with the company’s content policy, so that no accounts are blocked or videos are deleted.